5.27.2008


New Sigur Ros tune..."Gobbledigook". A percussion driven song, it reminds me much more of Bjork than anything Sigur Ros has ever released. And that's no joke. It doesn't even remotely sound like Sigur Ros. I like it.

As for the video...uh...well...My wife, who isn't familiar with the artistic aspects of the band, seems to think that they're trying to sell albums by featuring frolicking nudists in this clip. Of course I don't see it that way. It's not as if music videos sell albums anymore. It's not an overtly sexual video, anyway. It straddles the thin line that separates eroticism and innocent naturalism, with the latter emerging triumphant.

If the whole album is as much a change of pace as "Gobbledigook" I suppose I'll be pleased, but I do hope there are at least a couple of "signature" tracks as well.

No comments: