5.03.2008

kc mo sr potential :(

Sigur Ros is playing a show in Kansas City, MO, on June 12...

Tickets are reasonably priced, I could probably get one...

...But neither of our cars are up to the trip.

I only have one friend who likes the band, and I haven't seen him in a couple of years. I sent him a message via MySpace to see if he was planning on attending. I asked if I could tag along. That would probably be cool with him, if he was going to the show. I kind of think he is, if he knows about it. He's seen them 3 or 4 times. The first was on a road trip with me and a couple of other guys. That concert was in Denver. A 10 hour drive from where we started out. This Missouri show is considerably closer...

Please, please, please!

Actually I'm fairly sure that he'll be going, but what I'm afraid of is tickets selling out before I hear from him. It's general admission and they are less than 30 bucks, so I doubt they'll be available for too long.

I am actually kind of shocked that they are playing this show, and the one in Nebraska the night before. They've been hopping all across the planet the last year or so, and it just seems odd that they'd light in the heartland in the middle of the rest. But it's cool, don't you think?

No comments: