5.24.2008

In my post from the 16th of this month I mentioned that I was going to take the family out to the new Mexican restaurant. I'd hoped that it would be good, since there are so few choices in this town for dining out.

We went last week and I have to say it's not too bad. Sure, I've had better, but I am not complaining. I ordered the chili relliano (sp?). That's not what I usually get at Mexican places, but I was in the mood for something different. Looking back, I suppose I should have ordered something I eat more often so I could judge how their food stacked up against other places I've eaten at.

The salsa was only fair (though my wife liked it a lot). The test of a truly great Mexican restaurant is the salsa. Here it was just a little too strong on the tomatoes and it wasn't quite hot enough. The queso seemed a bit too watery for my tastes. It was not as spicy as I would have liked, either.

The whole affair was somewhat more expensive than I would have liked. I don't think it was worth what we paid for it. But I don't really want to complain too awdul much, because it was decent.

No comments: