5.10.2008

Haven't had the opportunity to blog much the last couple of days.

Thursday I had an appointment at the local Social Security office. Woo-hoo. Just another pit-stop down a long and winding road.

Yesterday my son had a band contest at Arbuckle Wilderness. I was supposed to follow the bus down there, but I got behind some slow-pokes and wound up losing their trail. As I am somewhat unfamiliar with that area, I also got lost somewhere in the vicinity of a 10 mile radius of my destination. After getting reliable directions from a kind young gentleman at a small grocery store I was able to navigate my way into "the Wilderness". I made it just in time for his performance. The band did a fine job, as they usually do.

Earlier this morning was the commencement ceremony at the college my wife is graduating from. It was a long, drawn out affair. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it was "boring", but I was definitely glad when it was over. Stacie was quite beautiful in her cap and gown. She was one of only seven students (in a class of 144) who graduated Summa Cum Laude. In fact, her grade point average was exactly the same as that of the Valedictorian. I don't know why the other girl was chosen to speak, but the wife didn't care, as she didn't want to give a speech, anyway.

No comments: