4.22.2008

New song: "Shaman's Offering"

Well, progress on the new song is coming along relatively nicely. Yesterday afternoon I listened to it and felt like I was probably wasting my time. You know, you work hard for a few hours and you think you've got something that you wouldn't mind other people hearing...then you play it back and realize just how much more you need to do with it.

I spent several hours recording and mixing throughout the evening...now I can say that I don't mind showing it to anyone who might want to listen. I would, however, want that person to know that it is still in it's infancy. I'll no doubt add a lot more to it. But I think it's best to give it a little time to germinate before diving back in...or at least before uploading a newer version.

Whatever the case may, I would be honored if you listened to it.

Well, I've looked through all the records anf the books upon your shelves
And I have decided that you and no one else could understand me
Could understand the things that make me who I am
And I wonder what you'd do if you knew what I was thinking
That I've been sinking in a liquid sea of love
Since I first saw you
You're the one I'm dreaming of
Sacred woman, shamed and beaten
Shaman's offering refused
And it all comes back to you
It always comes right back to you girl
As if my whole world's revolving around you
And all I'd do to make you happy
Maybe in this life could I wish for such a balance
Ah, you simply take my breath away
And I won't miss it
Sacred woman, shamed and beaten
Shaman's offering refused
Graven image, blamed and beaten
Like a shaman's offering



©2008 James Arthur Casey All rights reserved.

No comments: