11.07.2007

New Sigur Ros.

The new Sigur Ros album came out yesterday. “Heim/Hvorf” it’s called, I think. I can’t believe that I didn’t scrape up enough money to get a copy.

I was planning on doing some wheeling and dealing with a friend who owns a used & new CD store. I’m pretty sure I had more than enough to trade for the Sigur Ros album. If the trip to his store wasn’t such a long drive I probably would have gone (“long drive, to me, is anything over 30 miles). But it wasn’t just the drive that discouraged me…

I had been under the impression that “Heim/Hvorf” was going to be a CD/DVD set. I don’t know where I got that idea, They DO have a DVD coming out on the 20th so I probably got confused, thinking they’d be packaged together.

The release of a Sigur Ros album is a much anticipated event as far as I’m concerned. But I really had my heart set on watching that DVD. So the plan is to wait until the 20th and get the CD and DVD together.

The only reviews I’ve read so far are on Amazon.com. I should check out some REAL reviews soon. There were only two of them posted as of yet. The first was a glowing, enthusiastic, positive one. The second had good things to say about the music but bemoaned the fact that it’s a 2 CD set but is almost short enough (short enough?) to fit on one. He also complained that some of the songs were not new material. I’ve heard the album in it’s entirety on MySpace and it’s true that there are a few songs from their other albums. However they are different versions, outtakes and what-not. I don’t mind that, especially since what I heard of them sounded really good. I’m excited about the live acoustic material, too.

I’m excited about the whole album, to be honest, and even more anxious for the DVD. So I guess I’ll be scraping up a little more cash for the 20th…