7.19.2007

"Delicious Pies"


She walked into the room just like a prophet
She told the people lies and they believed
She had no power by that time to stop it
And so it came to all as some relief
That she made delicious pies
She made such delicious pies

She thought herself a zealot and a martyr
In the valley of the shadow showed no fear
She always thought of me as her King Arthur
And I believed she was my Guinevere
She
Yes she made delicious pies
Such delicious pies

It may come as some surprise to you
But she might sell her pies to you
So if you buy her pies, my friend
Please let me have a slice, my friend

She once confessed she felt a bit outdated
A relic or a book upon my shelf
No, I don't think it's all so complicated
She may not think she's good for nothin' else
At least
She makes delicious pies
She makes such delicious pies
Not too sweet
Ready to eat
Yeah she makes 'em
Such delicious pies

Hit me!

No comments: