6.23.2007

4 photos, a glimpse of this man both young and old.

Tough (?) number 63, defensive tackle on my 6th grade football team. I was never cut out for that sport. Once, during the latter half of a ballgame, I didn't hear the coach tell me to go in for a play. I didn't go in, so they were left without a right tackle. Needless to say, the opposing team used it to their advantage, and I was as miserable as I ever was on the bus ride back home.My 9th grade class photo. Yeah, that's right...while the other kids were all dressed up for the occasion, I wore an orange t-shirt emblazoned with the logo of the band YES. There was a live concert photo there, too, as this was bought at a State Fair booth, certainly not authorized merchandise. Too bad you can't see it here. I always thought my hair looked awful back then, but nowadays I really like it. The glasses, though...Thumping on Mike Hardwick's 5-string bass. I never could get the feel of those 5-strings, always thinking that the top string should be an 'E'. But it's a lot easier to play than a fretless, as I found out trying to play Warty's. This photo was taken a few years ago, so there's quite a vast separation in years between this and the last one. The glasses are a lot cooler...alas, they belonged to Warty, too (requiring prescription glasses, I cannot wear shades...and it's really too bad, cuz I look bad-ass in 'em).Here I am, early 2006, roasting over an open fire.

No comments: