4.05.2007

69 "Dirty" Little Secrets Meme

Here's a meme I filled out over on MySpace. Yes, I was bored. I don't know what's so "dirty" about any of it, but it was kind of fun anyway.
Enjoy:


1. The phone rings; who do you want it to be?
My daughter, who I haven't seen in almost 20 years.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Yes.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Listener

4. Do you take compliments well?
Depends on what the compliment is and who is doing the complimenting. I always like to hear people say I'm a decent bassist, guitarist and vocalist.

5. Do you play Sudoku?
No.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Probably not. I'm too spoiled by modern-day conveniences. I think most people are.

7. Do you like to ride horses?
Yes, but it's been a long, long time.

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yeah, 3 or 4 times.

9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Gee, I don't remember. We used to play a lot of gin rummy with my mom, though.

10. If a person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it?
I'd have to ask my wife it was okay first. ;)

11. Have you lied to get out of a date?
I didn't exactly have a lot of dates when I was younger. I'd have been more prone to lying to GET a date rather than to get out of one. So the short answer is NO.

12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Well, I'm married to someone who has different religious beliefs than I do, so I guess so.

13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Depends on whether or not a gun is involved.

14. Use three words to describe yourself?
Philosophical, Introspective, Audiophile

15. Do any songs make you cry?
"Ruth Marie" by Mark Kozelek, "Valentine's Day" by Bruce Springsteen

16. Are you continuing your education?
In a sense.

17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
You just aim and pull the trigger, right? I'm not too keen on firearms.

18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Easy. My Bible. (That's assuming that my wife and son have already escaped the flames)

19. How often do you read books?
Just about every day.

20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Present.

21. What is your favorite children's book?
I used to like Dr. Seuss when I was a tot, but the passing years have found me appreciating children's books less and less.

22. What color are your eyes?
An indescribable color.

23. How tall are you?
6'4"

24. Where is your dream house located?
Probably in Colorado with a view of the mountains.

25. Do you have a secret fetish?
Secret fantasies, maybe. Secret fetish, no, I think not.

26. Have you tried sushi?
No, I don't even like seafood.

27. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Who hasn't?

28. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
I've never eaten there. I was going to take my wife to the one in Tulsa for our anniversary a few years ago, but the line at the door was just too long.

29. When was the last time you were at Church?
It's been awhile. I assure you, I'm no less a Christian for not attending church services lately.

30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
To the bathroom and back.

31. What was your favorite job?
I liked working at CD Warehouse a lot, and I enjoyed the regular gig playing in the house band at Charlie's Palace.

Where is #32?
Spending the weekend in Boley.

33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Sleep. Oh how I love to sleep and dream.

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
I don't think I look like either.

35. How long does it take you in the shower?
15-20 minutes

36. Can you do the splits?
The WHAT?

37. What movie do you want to see right now?
I can't think of any movie I want to see right now. The last one that was on my "must see" list was "The Departed" and I watched that one this morning.

38. If you could fast forward your life, would you?
Maybe until this time next year, then I would slow it down considerably

39. What did you do for New Year's?
Nothing, really. In fact, I think I went to bed before midnight.

40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
No, actually it was kind of dumb.

41. Could you relate to a character in Mean Girls?
It's been too long since I saw that movie, I don't recall much of it. And I won't watch it again because Lindsey Lohan has become increasingly annoying to me.

42. Do you own a camera phone?
Nope. Don't want one.

43. Do you have an "ex box" with pics and letters in it?
Got a lot of photos from years past, but I don't save letters (as if I've received any in umpteen years...e-mail killed the postage stamp...huh?)

44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
I don't think so, but I was.
(Just kidding there)

47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Ever since I began taking Ambien I've been getting at least 8 hours a night. This is wonderful to me, because I suffered from some pretty bad insomnia for most of my life. Ambien is my wonder drug.

48. Do you like care bears?
What do you expect me to say? "Yes, they're so adorable"? Of course I don't like care bears. I'm almost 45 freakin' years old! (Which does not explain why I'm filling out memes on the internet OR why I even have a MySpace profile...he he he)

49. What do you buy at the movies?
I don't. Even on the EXTREMELY rare occassion that I'll go to see a movie in a theater, all the concessions are ridiculously over-priced. MAYBE a monster Coke to share with wife and son...that's about it.

51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Yes. It's the law, you know? And once you've been busted for failure to wear your seatbelt (and they slap you with that hefty fine) you kinda remember to buckle up from that point on. Though it may be irresponsible I must say that if it weren't illegal not to wear them, I wouldn't.

52. What do you wear to sleep?
I sleep butt naked. Whoopee!

53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You're joking, right?

54. How many meals do you eat a day?
2 or 3.

55. Is your tongue pierced?
Nope. Can't see the point of it (although I'm sure the millions who've had their tongues pierced had a good, utilitarian purpose for doing it)

56. Ever meet anyone you met on MySpace?
Can't say that I have. Most of my MySpace friends are people/bands I already know.

57. Do you read myspace bulletins?
Depends on who posts them. Most of the time I do, though. Don't be offended if I don't respond to "chain letter" type bulletins. It doesn't mean I don't consider you a friend. I just don't forward anything to anyone, basically.

58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Probably serious people. My wife's pretty serious, if that means anything...I gotta LIVE with her.

59. Ever been to L.A.?
No, and I don't really have any desire to go there. I'd rather spend some time in New York.

60. Did you eat a cookie today?
No, but believe it or not, I ate one yesterday. One of those big cookies you get at Subway. I'm not really much of a cookie eater, though, to be honest.

61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
Nope. Just English.

62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
The few music files I've downloaded were from LimeWire, so yeah, I guess I stole 'em. I don't need internet music downloads because I have a CD collection that's 2,000 strong PLUS I have XM Satellite Radio.

63. Do you like chocolate?
When I was a kid I kinda had a taste for chocolate, but anymore I just don't care for it. We're talking about plain chocolate here, because I DO like Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Heath and few other candy bars.

64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I don't remember fighting much with my mom. As for what me and my dad fought about, what have you got? Just about anything and everything.

65. Are you a gullible person?
I hope not.

66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
10 years ago, probably yes. Now, probably no.

67. If you could have any job what would it be?
Police officer. You didn't say I had to have any aptitude for it.

68. Are you easy to get along with?
I think most folks would say I'm NOT easy to get along with, not counting long term friends. Not that I'm cranky or anything, I'm just introverted and I don't trust a lot of people.

69. What is your favorite time of day?
Bedtime, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.