6.19.2006

Remembering JIMMY IDLE



The marvelous Self-Titled album, featuring such musical gems as "Hey, I Misplaced My Sun Glasses", "Rock-a-poppa Sinna", "Cooked in the Nog" and who can forget the classic, "Wang Dang Noodle Doodle Part 54" (considered in Brazil to be one of the most outrageous tracks ever recorded)?



Yeah, I'm a Bad Ass...This sophomore effort was panned by many critics...all of whom have grieving mothers and fathers now because Idle wasn't fuckin' around when he said he was a Bad Ass. What the album lacks in quality it more than makes up for with sheer noise. Thurston Moore once remarked that the lead-off track on this album, "Chatahoochie Dissection", was the inspiration for "The Diamond Sea" (from their epic Washing Machine release). Other "diamonds in the rough" on this remarkable album include "Gene Siskel, I Miss You (cuz Ebert's NOTHING Without You)", "Sour Cream and Onion Enema", "Rabid Rabbit Collection Part 36", "Cookin' Crack for Happy Jack", and "The Rough Guide to String Beans".



A Blood Sacrifice, My Friend...Idle's final effort, and many consider it a blessing that Idle put down his patented "Crusty Crunch Acoustic Guitar" after sales of this album plummeted the very same day it was released. Idle committed suicide not long after the release of this record, leaving behind a chilling coincidence, ie. "blood sacrifices". There are some who claim that Idle's death was accidental, not a suicide at all, but those who knew Idle well understood that "choking to death on a tuna salad sandwich" could be nothing else BUT a suicide (it was was a well known fact among Idle's small circle of friends that he despised tuna).
The standout tracks on this closer were few, but they were decent enough to make up for the rest of the filler: "Go-Cart Mozart Ride Yo Harley Part 12", "Ice Cubes in My Shorts (Got Me Feelin' Sorta Chilly)", "Chilly Willy's Dropped a Load", "You Make Me Wanna Buy a Thesaurus" and last but not least, "Last But Not Least".



NOTE: Sometimes I do foolish things. I have no idea why I deleted these Jimmy Idle photos from my flickr account. They were pretty funny, if I say so myself. Hopefully the text will stand up on it's own without the images.---JAC 02.05.08

No comments: