2.20.2006

David Crowder Band: A Collision

Took the day off of work, not wanting to drive 25 miles on slick, icy roads, so I'm sitting here in front of the compter listening to...



...and when it's done I'll push play again...I might as well push the "repeat" button, cuz I may want to hear it all day.
I mentioned in the RS.com Castaways forum that this is the most sonically rich "Christian" album I've ever heard...After hearing it a couple of times I have to revise that statement: A Collision is one of the most sonically rich albums I have ever heard...forget the labels.
Please, if you love inventive, original music, don't let the fact that this is music for and about God dissuade you from checking it out.

From the
band's website:

here is a snapshot of a small number of things that toppled into one another, resulting in our latest cd ­ a collision:

a book from the early 60's, neils bohr's model of the atom, the arabic numeral 3, the arabic numeral 4, a television show on the rural farm delivery network, cancer, a tsunami in east asia, the eschatology of bluegrass, an episode of columbo, country music legend/historian marty stuart, a jacket, a bomb, the barn behind my house, a conversation with a very intelligent acquaintance of mine who is currently finishing up phd work in super string theory, and who happened to mention, in very whimsical tone, one sunny texas afternoon, that we were, and i quote, "walking around in the sky." he said, while pointing to nothing in particular, "you see, there is the ground and there is the sky and we are somewhere in between. we're walking around in it. our feet are on the ground but..."

themes: an eschatological statement regarding death, mortality, good and evil, the second coming, the raising of the dead, oppression, deliverance, hope, bluegrass music, hiroshima, springtime, the quiet waiting that comes just before the loudest sound ever


Personal shout-out to my brother Charles (and anyone else with discerning taste in music):
BUY THIS ALBUM NOW!
You will thank me...

No comments: