8.29.2005

Random Bored Thoughts

So this is more or less what's going on in my life right now:

The grass needs to be mowed...it's worse than it's ever been since we bought this house 15 months ago. But what can I do? We've got two lawnmowers and neither one of them work. What makes it even worse is that one of them is practically brand new...it's only been used once or twice since we bought it a couple of months ago, and yet it's already screwed up and no, I have no idea what's wrong with it. I only know that it fires up and runs fine for about 2 or 3 minutes, then it abruptly dies and will not start back up.
It really angers me, because we bought this model so we wouldn't have to rake the mulch (it's got a mulch bag), but when it went on the fritz we had to use the older model and the rake (but who am I trying to fool? I never broke out the rake, only hoped that the wind would be strong enough to take care of it)...for all the good that did me when the stupid thing's wheel fell off (no, I cannot figure out how to get it back on...do I have to tell you that I am totally lacking in ANY mechanical knowledge and/or technique?
So the grass grows, and there's a veritable garden of toadstools/mushrooms popping up in my back yard.

Due to scheduling idiosyncracies I wound up getting a 5-day weekend (I'd call it a mini-vacation w/o pay), but that's all over now. Here in another hour I will have to get ready to go back to work, and as always I have mixed feelings about it.
The predominant feeling, at least at the moment, is that I wish I had at least another 5 days before going back. I was just getting used to navigating the "lazy zone" again...who knows how much more original content would wind up on my blogs if only I could eke out another week of down time.
I should probably be happy and eager to get back to work, dodging the immenant curse of Cabin Fever sure to be just around the corner...but I'm not.
That's the ultimate bottom line:
I'm not.

I don't doubt that a good 80% of the population of the USA (probably more) would agree that I lead a dull, boring life.
At times like this, I would have to agree.

No comments: