8.12.2005

But It DID Happen...!

This afternoon I visited a convenience store I patronize to buy some Gatorade for the commute to work. I pulled into the parking lot next to an old car occupied by a couple of kids who couldn't have been more than 3-4 years old, left there by a man I assumed was their father, who was talking on the pay phone about 10 yards away.
As I get out of the car I can see inside the window that it's a veritable junk pile of Camel cigarette wrappers and other assorted waste.
The kids are pretty rowdy, but such behaviour can be expected from toddlers left alone in the sweltering heat and humidity.
As I'm walking towards the store's entrance I see the guy on the pay phone get this really grumpy look on his face and he shouts to the kids, "What part of 'back seat' don't you understand?"
And I had to suppress a laugh.
What an idiot.

No comments: